Big problem here. I’m starting to suffer from Trump fatigue. I’ve been going after newly-elected President Donald Trump on an almost daily basis since August, and it’s getting… well, tiresome. It gives me the sense I’m going after low-hanging fruit, overstating the obvious, beating a dead horse. This covfefe business is a prime example. Some elaboration.
Apparently, about six minutes after midnight Wednesday, a tender-skinned President smarted under the flail of an unkind press. He sensed the need to assert his manhood, and he lashed back, with a great whooshing sound. He abandoned his latest stab at making America great again and went off to better things perhaps. Leaving that enormous whoosh hanging out there. “Friends” of Trump, this writer included, went wild.
And you know what? We all went overboard. A simple human being (Trump), performing a simple task (President of the United States), took time from his busy schedule to address the masses and to inform them bigly. And he made a simple mistake. His (known to be quite large) fingers fumbled the end of a sentence intended to dress down the out of control media. And nobody felt the need to give him a break, least of all this writer. How callous. How uncaring. How unforgiving. To step over the body of a fallen foe. Just when we all should have been on schedule to cut this man some slack, we twisted the knife. And it is not as though we wasted any opportunity.
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump clued us in that Mexico was sending drug dealers and rapists?
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump amazed us with the fact he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose any supporters?
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump informed us, “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that
@BarackObama‘s birth certificate is a fraud.”
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump brought us news, “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump stood before cheering thousands and shouted, of his political rival, “Lock her up!”
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump boasted of being able to grope women because he could do it and get away with it?
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump acknowledged his inauguration crowd was the largest in recent times?
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump alerted the American public that he would have won the popular vote over Hillary Clinton had not three million people voted illegal?
- Where was forgiveness when Donald Trump dropped the startling news that President Obama ordered his phones tapped?
Readers, are we ever going to call a halt to this and forgive President Donald Trump of something, no matter how small. I, for one, am prepared to do just that.
When there is no skin left.