A star actor’s career typically stumbles onto the scene as a bit part here with a screen credit near the bottom. Few know where most were before they gained momentum. Last appearances are more noted. And that’s this week’s Quiz Question. What was the last movie for the following? Film theatrical releases only. No TV.
- John Wayne – The Shootist : the swan song for a number of movie legends, see below
- Marilyn Monroe – The Misfits: again the final bow for multiple movie favorites, see below
- James Stewart – The Shootist
- Steve McQueen – The Hunter
- Clark Gable – The Misfits
- James Dean – Giant
- Tony Curtis – not Prime Target
- Victor Mature – Firepower
- Montgomery Cliff – The Misfits
- Peter Finch – Network
- Richard Burton – 1984, died immediately after last filming
- Peter Falk – American Cowslip , not Next
Post your answers in the comments section below. Extra points for Peter Falk.
Update and answers
I’m going from memory here. Tania can weigh in if she wants. She probably knows them all. I have added the answers to the list above.