The question of the day is whether the American public elected a president or a Schlemiel-in-Chief. Nearly seven weeks into his administration it is appearing more and more apparent the American electorate has stumbled as never before:
Sen. Ben Sasse: US is ‘in the midst of a civilization-warping crisis of public trust’
Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., on Saturday said the country is “in the midst of a civilization-warping crisis of public trust” following President Trump’s alleging the Obama administration wire-tapped the campaign headquarters last October.
“The President today made some very serious allegations, and the informed citizens that a republic requires deserve more information,” Sasse said in a statement released Saturday afternoon. “[T]he President’s allegations today demand the thorough and dispassionate attention of serious patriots. A quest for the full truth, rather than knee-jerk partisanship, must be our guide if we are going to rebuild civic trust and health.”
The Tea Party-affiliated senator then laid out an explanation of what may have transpired.
This is hot stuff. Even the Tea Party is coming down on everybody’s pick for POTUS. Who’s next to step up and tell Donnie to step back? The Russians? Not without the Pee Pee Tape in hand, I imagine.
To recap, what seems to have happened is…
- Snowflake-in-Chief gave a talk to Congress on Tuesday night, and if he didn’t hit it out of the park, at the very least he gave the outfielders a run for their money. Even I concede he looked and sounded presidential.
- Then the Jeff Sessions (new Attorney General) perjury business came up. This completely ruined Snowflake’s week. All the shine came of his beautiful night. Terrible! Absolutely terrible!
- The Golden One became most disenchanted with critical members of his staff for allowing this to happen. News reports indicate he let loose on them in the Oval Office.
- Came the end of Snowflake’s work week, and he headed off to play golf in Florida, which he never does, and he left critical members of his staff behind. Imagine having to spend a weekend in Washington, D.C. It has to be the pits.
- Came Friday evening—possibly Saturday morning—and the Magic One figured it was time to catch up on the real news. Apparently he turned to Breitbart News.
- The ever-reliable Breitbart had a story about right wing nut case Mark Levin. The story concerned “known steps taken by President Barack Obama’s administration in its last months to undermine Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and, later, his new administration.”
- Knowing this to be true, Donald the Immaculate unleashed a Twitter storm on our most recent actual president.
- Media, news analysts, various people familiar with how such things actually work, members of Congress, even Tea Party affiliates, are reacting in dismay, if not shock. Is there a nut case running loose in the White House (or even Mar a Lago)?
The tweet storm is a wonder to behold, and it may still be up for all to read. In case it ever gets taken down, here is a copy from my Twitter feed:
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
@realDonaldTrump 15 hours agoIs it legal for a sitting President to be “wire tapping” a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 15 hours agoI’d bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!
How long is The Real Donald Trump going to remain as a figurehead president? God only knows. But some friends of mine and I have started a pool. It costs $5 to get in, and all the remaining months of 2017 have already been taken. You can still get in for 2018 and win the pool. All you have to do is predict Donnie’s last month in office. I’m already counting my money.
There’s more to come. Keep reading.
And may Jesus have mercy on our souls.