This just in: President elect Donald Trump is beginning to take his prospective term of office seriously.
Donald Trump scolded media big shots during an off-the-record Trump Tower sitdown on Monday, sources told The Post.
“It was like a f−−−ing firing squad,” one source said of the encounter.
“Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said, ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed,’ ” the source said.
“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing-down,” the source added.
A second source confirmed the fireworks.
Whoa! “I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed.” It would appear some people have no sense of irony:
This, from an opinion piece that ran in The New York Times, goes on to list 19 additional prevarications, and from all appearances these were within the confines of a single presidential debate.d
The Washington Post has been additionally diligent. Here is their list:
- Comments connecting Mexican immigrants and crime
- He never said ‘some of the things’ claimed by Megyn Kelly
- President Obama spent $4 million to conceal school and passport records
- The ‘real’ unemployment rate is 42 percent
- His claim that his tax plan is going to cost him a fortune
- President Obama is accepting 200,000 Syrian refugees
- The Bush White House tried to ‘silence’ his Iraq War opposition in 2003
- ‘Thousands’ of New Jersey Muslims celebrated the 9/11 attacks
- He ‘predicted Osama bin Laden’
- The unemployment rate is 23 percent
- His border wall would cost $8 billion
- He would save $300 billion a year on prescription drugs
- He built his empire with a ‘small loan’ from his father
- John Kasich ‘helped’ Lehman Brothers ‘destroy the world economy’
- Time magazine as the source for his ‘facts’
- He can eliminate $19 trillion in debt in eight years
- There have been no negative ads against Kasich
- The Islamic State is ‘making a fortune’ on Libyan oil
- No foreign leader greeting Obama was ‘without precedent’
- ‘Scores of recent migrants’ in the U.S. are charged with terrorism
- Putin called Donald Trump ‘a genius’
- The National Enquirer story on Ted Cruz’s father was not denied
- Hillary Clinton started the birther movement
- ‘There’s nothing to learn’ from his tax returns
- Crime is ‘through the roof’ because of illegal immigration
- There’s something ‘fishy’ about Vince Foster’s suicide
- Trump University judge was out of line
- The Obama administration actively ‘supported’ terror groups
- Saddam Hussein was ‘so good’ at ‘killing terrorists’
- Trump had nothing to do with Russia’
- His revisionist history of mocking a disabled reporter
- Clinton ‘started the talks’ to give $400 million to Iran
- Clinton raised $60 million in July from just 20 people
- Clinton only recently pledged to renegotiate NAFTA
- Clinton’s emails led to an Iranian defector’s death
- Clinton lacks the ‘physical stamina’ to be president
- Undocumented immigrants collect Social Security benefits
- 58 percent of black youths are unemployed
- ‘Pay-for-play’ regarding Clinton and Ericsson
- Trump’s ridiculous claim that veterans are ‘treated worse’ than undocumented immigrants
- 92 million Americans represent a ‘nation of jobless Americans’
- ‘We’re not allowed to profile’ potential terrorists
- President Obama is trying to ‘delay’ Obamacare enrollment until after the election
- Stop and frisk in NYC wasn’t ruled unconstitutional
- A racial discrimination suit was ‘brought against many real estate firms’
- He won ‘every poll’ on the second presidential debate
- Clinton ‘lost’ $6 billion at the State Department
- Clinton-backed Haiti factory ‘amounted to a massive sweatshop’
- His version of the latest Hillary Clinton email controversy
- Clinton “gave” or “handed over” 20 percent of U.S. uranium to the Russians.
- Clinton email controversy is ‘bigger than Watergate’
- The murder rate is the ‘highest it’s been in 45 years
And there is my favorite, which neither of the foregoing saw fit to mention:
Donald Trump’s tirade against CNN and Jeff Zucker conjures up irony on an industrial scale.
The Trump administration is still forming and will not become real until January. I will continue to have a few laughs in the meantime, but come inauguration day the fun will really get started. Keep reading.