Ten days before the election, and the Donald Trump story keeps rolling on—on toward a catastrophic conclusion. Previously I aimed this series of posts at the comedy surrounding a narcissistic businessman vying for a job requiring real character. Now I’m leaving the high road and will be calling things as they are.
As a reminder, self-obsessed billionaire Donald Trump earlier snatched the campaign torch from the Republican Party by scooping up conservative America’s low-hanging fruit. Full disclosure: it’s something I proclaimed over a year ago could not be done. I was wrong! Wrong I was, though it is becoming clear by the hour that justice is being served where it’s long overdue.
In the meantime, candidate Trump is taking offense at being accused of some of his scurrilous activities:
- Mocked a man with disabilities.
- Attacked the parents of a fallen American hero.
- Belittled POWs and the war record of Sen. John McCain.
- Lied about how much money he raised for veterans.
- Called a former Miss Universe “disgusting” and fat, telling his Twitter followers to find her non-existent sex tape.
- Accused an American-born federal judge of being unfit to do his job because of his Mexican heritage.
- Likely avoided paying taxes for nearly two decades.
- Called most Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals, even though that’s not remotely factual.
- Lied about seeing “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on 9/11.
- Lied about getting a letter from the NFL complaining about the debate schedule.
- Tried to exploit the death of an African American woman in Chicago to say that’s why black voters will support him.
- Found the “bright side” to tragedies because his poll numbers tend to go up.
- Settled with the Department of Justice after his company was found guilty of racially discriminating against minorities.
- Has cheated on at least one wife.
- Was just discovered on video admitting that he not only tried to cheat on his current wife, but he attempted to do so with another married woman.
- Had his first wife publicly say that he did nothing when it came to raising their children until they were old enough to talk business.
- Tweeted that women should have expected to be sexually assaulted when they mixed males and females together in the military.
- Said he wants to target the families of terrorists.
- Stated that he wants to ban an entire religion.
- Praised a Russian president who obviously hates the U.S. and Americans.
- Encouraged the Russian government to commit espionage against Americans.
- Insinuated that another Republican’s wife was ugly.
- Tried to implicate another Republican’s father in JFK’s assassination.
- Sought out the help of former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes after he was fired following multiple allegations that he had sexually harassed women for years.
- Made Breitbart’s Steve Bannon one of his top campaign people.
- Had a former campaign manager abruptly resign after a report came out linking him to pro-Russian groups that were directly trying to undermine U.S. policy in eastern Europe.
- Called Carly Fiorina ugly.
- Has said climate change was a hoax created by the Chinese — then denied saying it.
- Was a leading conspiracy theorist when it came to the racist-driven birther conspiracies against President Obama.
- Dismissed nearly eight years of accusing the president of not being an American with a less than 30 second statement where he didn’t apologize for any of it.
- Tried to blame Hillary Clinton for his racism.
- Re-tweeted anti-African American propaganda created by a white supremacy group.
- Played dumb about knowing who former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke was.
Skipped a presidential debate because he was scared of a moderator.
- Has, on several occasions, suggested he finds his daughter attractive.
- Called a husband doing things like changing diapers and helping with the children, a man “trying to be the wife.”
- Has said he wants more countries to have nuclear weapons.
- Said he can’t release his tax returns because they’re currently being audited — even though the IRS said that’s a lie.
- Feels he has the right to sexually assault women.
For the record, Donald Trump is guilty of all the above. In the meantime he is hitting back at accusations by women who say he acted scandalously, even criminally, toward them:
(CNN)Donald Trump on Friday called himself a “victim” as more women continued to come forward on Friday accusing him of sexual assault and harassment.“As you have seen, I am a victim of one of the great political smear campaigns in the history of our country,” he said at a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Friday night. “They are coming after me to try and destroy what is considered by even them the greatest movement in the history of our country.”Trump’s comments came as he once again alleged it’s “all false stuff” and there is a “concerted effort” to take down his campaign, ignoring calls from his campaign advisers to focus on economic issues rather than responding to the allegations.
Donald. Donald! Listen to me. I’m trying to help you. If you want people to believe you didn’t grope those women or otherwise act like a buffoon towards them, then you should have not done all of those other things you did. Mocking a handicapped man made you look like an ass. Likewise disparaging a real war hero, pushing false claims the President is not a citizen, denying you knew KKK leader David Duke, calling political opponent Carly Fiorina ugly, cheating on multiple wifes before dumping them. Donald, people have started to notice a trend. No sympathy from me if you are accused by a growing chorus of women, given even the chance at least one accusation is false. You made it. You live in it.
Meanwhile, right on schedule, Donald Trump’s journey to self destruction continues, much as I predicted over a year ago. I post here the signature banner for this series:
A warning for those who chance to meet a wild Trump coming home late at night, past a graveyard, all alone in a storm: Don’t bump the Trump. [With apologies to Shel Silverstein.]
Enjoying my excursion into schadenfreude, I have this to say. Thank you, Mr. Trump. It’s the nicest thing anybody’s ever done for me.Thank you very, very, very much!
Yeah, it’s game on. We are going to have more fun between now and November. We can be assured Donald Trump will never fail to entertain us.
Continue reading. And may Jesus have mercy on your soul.